Where Can I Find Outpatient Rehab in Charlotte, NC?
Medically Verified: 2/1/24
All of the information on this page has been reviewed and verified by a certified addiction professional.
Addiction is becoming extremely common in the United States, with about 46.3 million people meeting the criteria for a substance use disorder in 2021. Despite addiction being so prevalent, many people never receive the help they need.
While the best way to overcome addiction is to attend an addiction rehab program, the National Institutes of Health (NIH) reports that 75% of people do not receive treatment.
One of the common reasons people avoid treatment is because they cannot commit to living at an inpatient facility. However, there are options for treatment that allow you to continue living at home, making it easier to receive the help you need while caring for outside responsibilities. These programs are known as outpatient rehab centers.
If you are wondering where to find an outpatient rehab center in Charlotte, NC, you have a few options. You can attend detox and receive a referral from your detox program, ask your insurance for a list of in-network facilities, or get a referral from a health professional that you trust.
What Types of Outpatient Rehab are Available in Charlotte, NC?
Because everyone who suffers from addiction has different needs, there are a variety of outpatient programs that differ based on the level of care. Before you look for a specific outpatient program to attend, it is best to decide what type of outpatient treatment would best suit your needs.
The types of outpatient rehab centers found in Charlotte, NC include:
- Partial Hospitalization Programs (PHPs)- these programs offer the highest level of care available in outpatient treatment, providing the same services as inpatient treatment while you live at home. PHPs are ideal for people with moderate to severe substance use disorders who want to live at home or cannot afford inpatient treatment.
- Intensive Outpatient Programs (IOPs)- intensive outpatient programs are one step down from PHPs, allowing you to receive services like individual therapy, group counseling, relapse prevention planning, and holistic services with more flexibility in scheduling. IOPs are ideal for people with less severe addiction issues who need to continue working a part-time job while they receive treatment.
- Outpatient Programs (OPs)- outpatient programs are the lowest level of care offered, ideal for people who have completed inpatient treatment or only struggle with mild substance use disorders. OPs offer a combination of one-on-one therapy, group counseling, and relapse prevention planning.
While many people choose one outpatient program to attend, you can use them as a continuum of care. This means individuals who want extra support can opt to enroll in a PHP, step down into an IOP, and then complete OP before they begin recovery on their own.
Where Can You Find Outpatient Rehab in Charlotte, NC?
Now that you understand your options for outpatient rehab, you might be wondering where to find one in Charlotte, NC. While there are tons of ways to find outpatient treatment, there are a few methods that make the process easy and painless.
To find outpatient rehab in Charlotte, NC, consider the following:
Receive a Referral From Your Detox Program
The first step in recovery is always medical detox. These programs can help you overcome withdrawal safely and comfortably, ensuring that you are ready to tackle the emotional and behavioral aspects of recovery in an outpatient program.
If you are attending a detox program before transitioning into outpatient, you can ask them to refer you to a treatment center that they trust. For example, when you attend Charlotte Detox Center, we can help you plan for further treatment by referring you to a highly-rated outpatient treatment center in the area.
Contact Your Insurance
Because insurance companies are required to cover some form of addiction treatment under the Affordable Care Act, you can contact your provider to receive a list of in-network outpatient facilities in Charlotte, NC. This ensures that the outpatient rehab programs you are considering will be at least partially covered by your insurance, making them easier to afford financially.
Get a Referral from a Health Professional
If you do not have health insurance but you see a doctor or therapist regularly, they can help you find outpatient rehab in Charlotte, NC. Because addiction is so common, many health professionals have working relationships with outpatient rehab centers in your area. Simply ask your doctor or therapist for a referral and they will advise you on which program best suits your needs.
Get Connected to a Top-Rated Outpatient Treatment Center in Charlotte, NC
Charlotte Detox Center prides itself on providing exemplary treatment to every client who walks through their doors. If you are attending our detox program, we can refer you to a reputable outpatient rehab program that you can transition to directly after your detox program ends.
To learn more about how we can connect you with a top-rated outpatient rehab program in Charlotte, NC, contact us today.
- The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS): SAMHSA Announces National Survey on Drug Use and Health (NSDUH) Results Detailing Mental Illness and Substance Use Levels in 2021, Retrieved December 2023 From https://www.hhs.gov/about/news/2023/01/04/samhsa-announces-national-survey-drug-use-health-results-detailing-mental-illness-substance-use-levels-2021.html
- The National Institutes of Health (NIH): 10 percent of US adults have drug use disorder at some point in their lives, Retrieved December 2023 From https://www.nih.gov/news-events/news-releases/10-percent-us-adults-have-drug-use-disorder-some-point-their-lives